Integrated digital core analysis and imaging – Digital RCA and SCAL includes . . .
3D rock structure characterization
- 3D pore system visualization
- Total porosity
- Macroporosity and microporosity
- Fraction of connected/unconnected porosity
NMR and MICP curve simulation integrated with conventional lab measurements
- Capillary pressure curves
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) T2 decay and T2 distribution
Petro-electrical parameters simulation
- Formation resistivity factor (F, F*)
- Cementation exponent m
- Saturation exponent n
Elastic properties simulation
- Bulk modulus
- Shear modulus
- Young’s modulus
- Poisson’s ratio
- Lamé coefficients
- P-wave and S-wave velocities
Relative permeability curves simulation
- Two-phase water/oil, gas/water and gas/oil relative permeability curves for primary drainage, imbibition and secondary drainage processes
3D rock structure.
|Level||Voxel size ( μm)||Physical size (mm)|
|Full plug scale||39.0626||39 x 40 x 39.6|
|Subsample micro CT||—||—|
|Subsample nano CT||0.07||0.056 x 0.056 x 0.056|
Pore size partitioning with an overview of models from nano to plug level.
Pore size distribution and petro-electrical parameters.
Relative permeability predictions.
- Textural analysis/visual description
- Bulk density and PEF from dual-energy CT or micro-CT scan
- MICP or pore throat distribution
- Dynamic transport properties
Large, potentially connected vug systems are typically related to initial rock types 2, 3 and 6.
Unconventional reservoir study
- Nano-scale pore structure characterization
- Quantitative study of pore types and pore size distribution
- Mineral composition quantification and distribution
- Rock brittleness evaluation
Visualization of pore structure.
Quantitative study of pore structure.
Mineral composition quantification and reservoir brittleness evaluation.
Microscopic study of oil and water distribution
- Oil and gas distribution under different waterflooding conditions
- Occurrence of residual oil
- Distribution of different types of residual oil
Oil and gas distribution under different waterflooding conditions.
Distribution of different types of residual oil.
Mechanism study of formation damage
- Water self-imbibition study
- Water lock mechanism
- Water sensitivity mechanism
- Stress sensitivity mechanism
Water self-imbibition experiment.
Water lock mechanism study.
Water sensitivity mechanism study.
Stress sensitivity mechanism study.
iRock can provide wettability characterization from images within the pore space via quantitative assessment using a direct measurement of in-situ contact angles.
Based on a real rock sample, the contact angle is used to simulate more reasonable permeability curves and can be input into pore-scale models to make robust predictions of multiphase flow properties.
Building 3, No. 3, Fengxiuzhong Road
Yong-feng Industrial Base, Haidian District
Beijing, P.R. China 100094